Monday, January 28, 2013

cat crossing the road, eye-twitching


Started to office as usual, it has not been even a month that i got my bike fixed after a previous accident. Just 10 yards on my way from home i see a cat, not a black one for sure, it crosses half way and stops..I'm like oh no! please don't cross! Please please don't, zoom it crosses. Usually I stop, wait for 2 mins and then proceed, but this time i just turned my ride and took another lane (did not cross). I rip my bike(read motorcycle apache rtr 180), abuse it usually and 15 mins later with an undeniable wrong calculation I rammed the bike into a car, I was safe after the accident, I say I was lucky coz front fork and the tank is gone caput, tank is bent and looking at tank’s dent anyone (my groin hit the tank) would say I shouldn’t have survived.
Now after this accident the only thing running in my mind is that I shouldn’t have ripped especially after knowing that the cat has crossed the road, which I know is a bad sign. I always wanted to stop being superstitious but I still remember the days when I used to go ahead taking the cat-crossed lane and things going very wrong and apparently now I have started taking this shit very seriously.

You might know that twitching of eye is considered bad omen too. Twitching of left eye is bad for men and right eye is bad for women is what they say. When there is a lot of twitching in my left eye I have been fired, I have had bad fights with friends, fiancée, family, at office and more. Prior to the second accident I frequently used to feel the twitch in my left eye.

My previous experiences like these make me bow towards these superstition. Sometimes I really feel that these are coincidences.

 

What am I bound to, Fallacy or a Myth? has always been my question. It could be either, but we are not supposed to promote them.

I see quite a lot of people happy not abiding to these sort of superstitious thoughts and they are pretty happy with the way the life is treating them, on the other side are folks like me.


The best thing to do is not to let these shitty thoughts infulence your mind, coz once it does its damn hard to make 'em disappear from your brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment